De-Icers and Ice Eaters
Boat and Dock De-Icers
We carry the Power House boat and dock de-icers; they are heavy duty de-icers that move a lot of water. You can hang them straight up for a big round circle of open water or have them on an angle. This way they throw the water 30′ wide but up to 100′ long area of open water. Our most popular is the P750, 115 volt with any length of cord you may need. For winter de-icing of boats, docks, swan or duck ponds or just to keep trout from carbon dioxide poisoning.
We also use bottom aeration for keeping an area open in the winter, it depend on the depth of the water. We also use a fat-cat type of system that puts smaller air diffusers down the same depth all around the dock to keep a band of open water open. Trout can benefit greatly from having winter aeration, so carbon dioxide does not build up under the ice. If you have swans or wintering ducks, an open area will stop predators like coyotes from attacking them. Call us with your needs so we can find the best system for your pond or boat house.
Power House Ice Eaters
The Ice Eater is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water. We also sell the ice-eater for many swan and duck ponds to keep them open for the winter.
Ice Eater’s propeller draws up warmer subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation. Ice Eater will keep a large hole open while melt existing ice. Unlike other de-icing units, Ice Eater requires no additional hardware in order to obtain the desired de-icing pattern. They can also be used with a handy dock mount so the direction can be changed any time. The Ice Eater is shipped complete with suspension lines. It can be taken out of the box, hung in place and plugged in. The Ice Eater may be hung from a pier or boat. Two to three feet is the average operating depth. It can be hung straight up for a big round hole or on an angle for a long narrower hole.
- Custom Designed and Engineered for maximum efficiency and performance in all climates.
- Agitates more fresh-water & salt-water than any other de-icer on the market.
- Patented heavy duty PVC Venturi Housing designed for superior water flow and protection of the motor and propeller
- Bronze End-bell ensures a long life without cracking or warping.
- Quick Disconnect Power Cord allows for easy replacement.
- Environmentally Friendly Dielectric Lubricating Fluid is non-toxic and biodegradable.
- 3-Year Warranty – Best Warranty in the Industry